Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2016

PD 3: Martin, K

Spring started and culminated with a long drive, but what was in between was great. I went to North Carolina with some of my family, including my cousins. One of our favorite places in North Carolina is Downtown Wilmington, which is right on a beautiful river. But being completely honest, we didn't really do anything there. I walked around with my cousins and we went into a lot of kind of weird stores, and we ate a lot of food there. One place my dad and I went to was called The Copper Penny, which was like a small sports bar. The entire place was themed after Philadelphia because that's where the owner is from. Coolest place EVER!
We did, however, visit another North Carolinian city, called New Bern. We went to Tryon Palace and three other historic houses on the first day, and after the second house or so, my cousins and I got a little bored. To be fair, each house looked basically the same. The next day, though,was amazing.We went out for breakfast, and then decided to be typical tourists visiting almost everything there. We went to the birthplace of Pepsi-cola, which was cool. It was pretty much a cafe with a small area describing the history of the drink. There was a store next to it that my cousin Minae and I wanted to go to, so we went in by ourselves. The women who owned it had two Corgis sitting at the front, and the store was packed with all kinds of clothing, junk and sports gear. We picked out t-shirts, and browsed for a while. The place was weird, to be completely honest. I do like the shirt I got there, though. That night we ate an exceptionally good meal, and the next morning at 9:00 am, we left. On the drive home, my dad and I stopped at two different state parks: Dismal Swamp and Trap Pond. Both were pretty in their own way. At 7:30, we were finally home. Overall, the trip was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment