Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2016

PD 2:Krystelle M

It’s Okay


White flakes
Powdery sand
Floating in the air
Fell to the ground


A sharp pain
sliced through my heart
staring at the intricate shapes
I never knew


A sweater
boots
coat
and scarf
and yet
I was still freezing


At home
a light sweater
was all I needed


A half-hearted smile
but I couldn’t shake
my dreariness
But
The aroma of cinnamon
The evergreens
draped with icicles
The soft kisses
sent from heaven
reminded me
everything would be alright

Inspired by Christina Diaz Gonzalez’s the Red Umbrella





When moving to America, Lucia had to her new life and let go of her family, friends and home. I chose this section of the book, The Red Umbrella because it demonstrates the moment where Lucia and Frankie accept their new home and let go of their old life in Cuba. This scene where it starts to snow was full of melancholy and description when Lucia started to remember her parents and home in Cuba. She describes how she felt a sharp pain in her heart when she realized that she would be making new memories without her mom or dad. Although it was her birthday, Lucia had a hard time accepting her new life. Even so, she remembered that everything would be okay and accepted her new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment