Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Pd:6 Evelyn Thomas- Remember Poem

Evelyn Thomas
English
1/7/15
Pd.6
Remember Poem

I remember cooking with Grandma

The way the brownies we made ever so often seemed to have wafted a chocolate sense through the air

And how the chocolate chip cookies seem to spread everywhere, smelling the fragrance of flour mixed with sugar.

I remember the first bite of the pastry that came out of the oven gave me the chills...good ones of course

Like the butterflies that flutter wildly in your stomach when you get unexpectedly nervous

Grandma's touch always gave the cookies twist

Like a warm day in December

I remember sitting in front of the oven, watching the pastries rise higher, and higher

How the oven light flickered ever do often and I worried that I maybe wouldn't be able to watch them anymore

Silently humming, I'd enjoy every second near the warm oven

Cooking with my Grandma reminds me about all the happy, enjoyable things in life


No comments:

Post a Comment