Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Pd. 2 Claire J.

Overall, my spring break has been full of relaxation, fun, and no stress! My mom, my sister, and I went shopping, went out for lunch, watched movies, and just hung out. My dad works on the week days, so most of the time I spent with my mom and my sister. But, one thing that was my highlight of the whole spring break was going to New York City with my whole family. I love New York City, but I was so scared that some random person on the street would steal my money or my purse or something. Luckily, that did not happen. Anyway, my family parked our car near Time Square, so it was so cool seeing all of the big screens towering above me. That day, we just walked around the city and shopped. For example, we went to American Eagle. My family and I also got bags full of M&M's from the M&M store, which was fantastic. Later, we went to this restaurant called the Stardust Diner. The waiters and waitresses there sing to you different songs from Broadway all the way to pop music. After that, it was time for the part I was waiting for the whole day: my first Broadway show! This show was Les Miserables, which was kind of ironic considering that I am auditioning for "Les Miserables: Student Edition" this April. When my family and I got there, my heart was beating out of my chest. When my family found our seats, and the lights slowly went down, I was getting very pumped. The musical started, and everything was super amazing, until the song "I Dreamed A Dream" came. When it was almost the end of the song, and the character paused to make it dramatic, all of a sudden there came a sharp, annoying sound that stood out. Guess what... it was from a cellphone. In my opinion, I thought it was very absurd, and it ruined the moment. The rest of the musical was awesome. Les Miserables is now one of my favorite musicals. Watching that musical definitely made me want to become an actress and made me love New York City way more. After all of that, my spring break went on very well. Every single day of spring break was great, but the one that was the most memorable was going to New York City and seeing my first Broadway show.

No comments:

Post a Comment