Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Pd1 Cao,N

       
 
      Washington D.C

            My spring break was mostly spent going back and forth between 2 houses, my friends and my house, to waste the day talking about random stuff. Since most of my sisters and my activities didn't have a day off we decided to not go somewhere too far or stay there too long, and that led my dad to finding out about the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington. That's why on a delightful Sunday morning at 5am when I should've been getting the sleep I needed we were in the car driving to Washington. When we arrived there around 9 I was shocked to see the amount of cars there were. Horns beeping, people scrambling, the streets were filled with packs of people taking pictures of the cherry blossoms. After we finally found a parking spot we got off the car and stared in awe at the Sakura trees. As we walked along the sidewalk we came up to the Lincoln memorial and watched as swarms of people crowded around the huge statue to take pictures. I remember this one toddler who was being positioned by her mother to do a cute pose but right before she took the picture the little girl would go back to doing her own pose. Laughing as I watched this happen again and again I finally turned away and started back on the trail with my family. Next we went to Renwick Gallery where I saw tons of amazing art and this one that really captured my heart.  It was a room that had pieces of some kind of material and they were all different colors but when the creator layered them in a certain way it looked absolutely beautiful. We exited the gallery and kept going not knowing where we were or where our destination was but somehow we ended up at the World War II Memorial. There was a huge fountain in the middle and surrounding it were 56 individual pillers. the rest of that day was spent going to the White House,  The Smith Sonian Institution building, Washington monument, and Martin Luther King Jrs Memorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment