Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Pd 2: John B Found Poem

Bright Red
 Mama
 tears down my cheeks and neck
moving in slow motion
I was in her arms

Several People gathered
watching
the reunion
 Mr. and Mrs. Baxter
wiping away their own tears

A flash of color
bright red
it was Papa
Red stood for strength
the strength of our family

I chose this scene because it shows how happy Lucia and her family are when they meet again. I  saw the part where people were watching them in joy as tolerance because they were Cubans, and were not always treated nicely, the people could have walked past like nothing was happening.. Mr. and Mrs. Baxter also show empathy by having tears of there own and being happy for the Alverez's family, instead of being mad they were getting taken away from them. This scene is a turning point in the book too, it is very shocking to see the dad, or Papa, come out of the airplane with the red umbrella. That is why I chose to write about this particular scene in my poem.



1 comment: