Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Pd2, Nicole Feury

New Friends, Old Memories : a found poem from Red Umbrella pg 196
Pretty dark-haired girl
whispering
scooted to the side of the seat
knowing I wasn’t going to be sitting there


girl hair so blond
motioned for me to join her
Jennifer she said her name was
she told me everyone knows each other's business
she saw me at St Mary's
thought I wanted to left alone


I realized I had made a new friend
passing rows of green cornstalks
we compared schedules
missing Puerto Mijares
remembering Ivette was back  
New Friends, Old memories
I chose this poem and page because at the beginning when Betty wouldn't let Lucia sit next to her but when Jennifer let her sit next to her it showed friendship it reminded Lucia of Ivette. Jennifer and Lucia showed empathy in this scene . Lucia saw some mean things happen like how Betty didn't let her sit next to her but Jennifer was nice and they soon became friends. I chose this scene because it showed both tolerance and empathy. That was the explanation of New friend and old memories.

1 comment: