Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

pd:3,Ainsley McCullen

Accepted                               
I took a few steps toward a pretty dark haired girl
She wore a dress similar to mine the girl even had a headband just like the one i was wearing
I’d made the right choice in what clothes to wear

she quickly scooted to the aisle side of the seat i wasn’t going to be sitting next to her
my heartbeat quickened would everyone on the bus act the same

I felt a tap on the back of my arm
a girl a motioned for me to join her
I followed her to a seat near the front and quickly sat down
“you’re the girl from Cuba right”
I nodded

This poem is taken from when Lucia is accepted by Jennifer on the bus and finds her first American friend. She has no one to sit with and Jennifer welcomes her. I chose this because it shows that no matter what you look like or where you are from. It shows that you should help others that need it even if they are different. Don’t fall into their single story like Mrs.Baxter.

No comments:

Post a Comment