Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Found Poem Cullen B: Period 2

 
Found Poem
 
Quickly scooted
heartbeat quickened
tap on the back
I'm Jennifer
 
The girl from Cuba
I'm Lucia
how do you know I'm from Cuba
 
wanted to be left alone
looked down
shoulders relax
 
rows of green cornstalks
five feet high
morning breeze
like waves in the ocean
 
 
 
 
This scene was great for this project because it shows that even if you are different from the people around you, people are still the same. This scene was chosen because of its act of kindness during it and also because it was a heart warming scene. Lucia went to go sit down next to a girl but she then scooted over to tell Lucia that she didn't want her to sit next to her. But then Jennifer came to save the day. She tapped Lucia on the back to tell her that she wanted Lucia to sit next to her. They talked about how she knew she was from Cuba. My poem shows empathy by really describing the feelings that were going on during the scene. I said that she finally relaxed when she talked to Jennifer. This is why the scene was chosen and why my poem had empathy in it.
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment