Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Pd 3: Liza J

Accepting Me
I took a few steps
whispering, heart beat quickening
a tap on the back on my shoulder
I turned to see hair so blond it looked almost white
A smile appeared
A hello came
All from a girl named Jennifer
Smiles again as I sat down next to the girl
my shoulders relaxed a little.
I was accepted.
she compared our schedules
while I looked out the window with tons to see
rows of green cornstalks
the morning breeze seeming to form ripples like waves in the ocean
I was accepted
she didn’t care that I was different


Inspiration Credit: The Red Umbrella by Christina Diaz Gonzalez.

Paragraph on the next page!

This scene was a good scene to teach a lesson and showed how some accept different people. This scene described how just because Jennifer knew Lucia was different and had different cultures she accepted Lucia. She eventually went on to have a great friendship with Lucia and had some similarities. This scene showed how just because someone has different cultures or different history doesn’t mean they might not be like you. It also doesn’t mean you can’t form a long lasting great friendship like Jennifer did with Lucia. This poem helps shows the lesson of don’t judge a book by it’s cover because there can be a lot more behind the cover. It shows that you should learn what’s behind the cover like Jennifer did. Even if someone is different you should go hang out with them and learn about the different cultures they have. But also find out if they have any similar things with you and don’t assume they are so different when maybe they aren’t. It also teaches that you should treat people the same as you and be kind to them. One day you might end up in their shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment