Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Rylie Fryberger pd.6 foung poem

Papas voice snapped me out of my daze
your mother doesn't want to leave
I will not have her stay here
you can barely walk on that leg
I will get to my  family
breathing was heavy
they want to destroy the family
I hate them all
my heart was breaking
I know how afraid mama must be at leaving papa
Mrs. Baxter opened her arms
I ran straight into them, and then we both cried

The scene where Lucia gets the call that only her mom can come to the U.S. and not her dad shows empathy and tolerance. There is a lot of empathy in this scene. Mrs. Baxter shows empathy for Lucia when she gets the bad news about her parents. Lucia's mom shows empathy towards her husband because he's hurt and has to stay in Cuba, all alone. On the other hand, the revolution shows no empathy towards them. Tolerance is excepting peoples differences. Lucia's dad was not shown tolerance from the revolution because of his beliefs. They didn't let him leave because he went against the revolution. Mrs. Baxter shows tolerance towards Frankie and Lucia because they came from a different place, and when they get the bad news, she doesn't treat them any different then she would treat anyone else. Lucia and Frankie are shown tolerance and empathy all through out the book, but this specific scene has a lot of empathy and tolerance in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment