Search This Blog

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Morgan L The Gobble Games

Over the thanksgiving break my friends and I brought back a tradition from last thanksgiving. Our tradition was to play in a football tournament called The Gobble Games. This tournament consisted of four teams. To get to the seeding round we played a round robin. My team ended up as the 2nd seed because we had one loss.




The tension building we started the playoff rounds with one of my friends dad coming with two huge buckets of Gatorade and ice. After everyone was done chugging their Gatorade we slowly started to get ready for the playoffs. Our team was predicted to go to the finals, however we had to play for it.


Finally we made it to the finals by an amazing catch from our wide receiver. It was perfect timing because I was injured that drive. I quickly recovered in time to play in the finals. The game started out with us down by seven. That rapidly changed as our quarterback fired one into the end zone for me to catch. Before we knew it we were all tied up 28-28. We only played to 35 though so this drive was very important. We stopped them from scoring so it meant if we got a touchdown we would win the game. Our quarterback chucked it long. Come on, come on, come on, I said as the ball was soring through the air.
It was a pick six! We had lost the game. Everyone on our team was so disappointed at our selves for through it away. All in all we had a great time playing football.









No comments:

Post a Comment