Search This Blog

Monday, December 28, 2015

Domenic DiAddezio's Found Poem




I wasn't to sure about school
What if people made fun of the way I talked,
No one spoke to me,
And I was ignored

I was about to walk into and American teenage life
At least one person was in every seat

But the bus was quiet
I could feel everyone's eyes on us
A girl motioned for me to join her

I followed her to her seat and quickly sat down
We can walk in together

I smiled. I like this girl!

Throughout the story, Red Umbrella, Lucia goes through hard and rough times from living in Cuba and later on moving to the United States. This poem that I created shows how Lucia makes friends and try's to fit into the teenage american life. During this part, a girl on the bus tells Lucia to sit with her and later on bringers her into school, they both walk in together. Lucia makes off good and has a good start to her school year.


No comments:

Post a Comment