Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Pd:1 Fanelle, Jack Found Poem



Driver closed the door
Frankie made a beeline for the back
A boy his age was tossing a baseball
Frankie told the boy something
He’d already made a friend

A pretty dark haired girl sat near
She was whispering something to the red head in front of her
She was wearing the same headband as me
She quickly scooted to the aisle side of the seat to let me know that I wasn’t going  to be sitting next to her

My heartbeat quickened
I felt a tap on the back of my right arm
A girl with hair so blonde it looked almost white motioned for me to join her

I quickly sat down
“I’m Jennifer, are you the girl from Cuba?”
Did everyone know about me already?


    The reason I picked this page is because it is a huge representation on how some people treat others differently because of the way they look and other things. This scene is also very powerful to show the distress of Lucia. It shows she is distressed that people will judge her, which they did. This scene communicated a very important lesson about empathy and tolerance. It communicated that even as people get older, they will still judge people in any way. It could be their look, language, religion, and much more. That’s why that scene is so important and relatable. It is very true to real life situations. Convincingly, my poem communicates an important lesson about empathy and tolerance.

No comments:

Post a Comment