Search This Blog

Thursday, December 3, 2015

PD 6: Kennedy, Colin Thanksgiving





      Most people see Thanksgiving as just that "pit stop" before Thanksgiving. Not my family. Thanksgiving to my family is a 3 day event. The day before we start cooking pies, pies and more pies. We bake all day and by night, we have enough for a small army. By the time thanksgiving day I get up early just to watch the ABC Dunkin Doughnuts parade, this year I came close to winning a year supply of coffee in a twitter contest, but Mary from Allentown won. At about 9:00 we go over to our friends house for breakfast brunch. Pancakes, beacon the usual. We eat over there and then head to my aunts house for dinner. My dad was the baby of 13, I have over 50 first cousins, you are probably starting to see why we love this holiday so much. I usually have a very small apatite but on Thanksgiving, there is no stopping me. By the time I realized I've been ignoring the whole "Colin stop eating" message from my brain, its too late to turn back. I truck into desert. By the time everybody's finished eating and we all leave I get into bed and fall asleep instantly. I know it sounds dumb, but life is just more excuses to have a party, so why not make it a 3 day festival.   

No comments:

Post a Comment