Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

PD6 Sam S

Thanksgiving Spending's


     Over break, a lot of interesting things happened, but there was one day in particular that really stood out to me; my grandmothers birthday. My entire family, consisting of my five cousins, older brother and sister, my parents, and all my other relatives amounted to eight teen people eating a large family dinner at the restaurant we always go to for special occasions, San Niccola. Before leaving, my dad grabbed a random joke card out from our gigantic pile of unorganized greeting cards, crossed out "happy thanksgiving" and under it wrote "happy birthday" to continue an ongoing joke in my family. Dashing out the door, my father and brother left before my mother, sister and I to go to the restaurant. Fifteen minutes later, the three of us left in a hurry and left the 'birthday' card behind. Once we got to our destination, everyone sat down and we all conversed until a waitress took our order. Shortly after everyone was done their main course, my grandfather told us that it was time to give speeches for our beloved eighty year old grand mother. Palms sweating, my cousin Chloe started the round of speeches, and made it short and sweet. For the rest of the night, lots of obnoxious laughter and sarcasm could be heard from our table. It was a truly unforgettable evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment